What is CIDTL?
CIDTL or 'Cambridge International Diploma in Teaching and Learning' is designed, assessed & certified by Cambridge Assessment International Examination.
Please refer below link for more information:
This Cambridge International Diploma enables teachers to:
- Improve their teaching and create a better learning environment
- Develop critical engagement with key education theories and concepts
- Teachers to learn latest active learning, strategies and lesson planning as per Cambridge standards and expectations.
- Focus on effective and reflective practice to promote active learning
- WE have included an on demand complete module of ONLINE TEACHING design, strategies, interactivity, objective and subjective assessments due to the need of the hour.
Who should do it?
- Practising teachers (full / part time)
- Teacher Trainers
- Educational Leaders / Managers
- Teachers teaching in Adult Learning Centres
Why should I do it?
- Explore and apply latest teaching ideas in your own context
- Integrate new approaches in your own practice
- Demonstrate your professional development as a reflective practitioner
- Exponential growth in career
Are there any prerequisites for joining this course?
- Good written English communication skills
- Practicing teachers with B. Ed degree will find this course easier
- Participants need to conduct 2 demo classes in a school. (MET will not arrange for the same.)
- Participants need to attend 2 days of face-to face sessions at MET Mumbai campus (if pandemic situation permits)
What is the Course structure?
- Module 1 can be taken on its own as the Certificate. (CICTL)
- MET is offering only Module 1 Cambridge International Certificate in Teaching and Learning (CICTL) 6208 currently through online mode. Diploma to follow soon.
- On clearing Module 1, candidates can then progress to Modules 2 and 3 to complete the Diploma (if they want to pursue)
- The candidate can take gaps between modules.
- Candidates must achieve a grade of pass or distinction before moving to the next module
What does the Certificate Programme involve?
A typical Certificate programme run by a Cambridge Professional Development Centre consists of a broad balance of activities, appropriate to the needs and circumstances of teachers and their schools. The programme is planned by the centre’s programme leader as a coherent sequence of learning over time, with a variety of elements and blended mode of delivery which involves 3 pronged approach i.e. online, face-to-face and live lectures. This enables different kinds of learners to anytime anywhere learning as per their convenience. The content can easily viewed several times as per need.
The programme involves:
- Guided learning, e.g. face-to-face, live lectures and online content
- Individual study and collaborative learning, e.g. reading, research and discussion
- Work-based learning supported by the school, e.g. applying new ideas and approaches in practice, gaining feedback from colleagues
- Weekly Formative assessment is conducted and assessed by MET through online quiz.
- End of the course Summative Assessment will be assessed by Cambridge.
- Certificate of pass and distinction is issued by Cambridge.
- Only those who score 50% and above in Formative Assessment and submit all the assignments on time will be eligible for Summative evaluation which is through online portfolio submission.
- Complete handholding of each candidate to assist in any kind of challenges, be it technological glitches or connectivity issues.
The table below shows what is involved in each module:
| Recommended programme duration
||12 weeks online + 12 hours (Face-to-face)
||Formative assessment is assessed online.
Summative through Portfolio of evidence of practice, learning, and reflection by Cambridge
||3600 words with work-based records
How is the Certificate assessed?
Candidates are assessed through a portfolio of evidence, submitted online to a team of Cambridge Assessment International Examiners using the Cambridge PD Portfolio, an online platform. In their portfolio, candidates demonstrate their knowledge, skills and understanding in the context of their own work. Pass and Distinction is issued by Cambridge on successful completion of the course. Certificate Portfolio evidence includes:
- Observing a colleague’s classroom practice.(Cambridge may allow online due to present situation)
- Planning, teaching, learning and assessment materials that arise naturally out of the teaching process.
- Feedback from mentors, colleagues, students and others.
- The candidate’s own reflections on their learning and practice.
- Online teaching experts designing, development and running the course
- Programme leader Dr. Ritu Uppal has more than 30 years of rich and diverse experience in academics with more than 15 years of experience in teacher training in face to face, flipped and online mode. She has a PhD in the same.
- Centre of Educational Technology: MET has a department of Educational technology for more than 11 years. The team consists of experienced and qualified instructional designers who are post graduates in the field and dedicated to design and develop content assessment which adhere to global standards and principals Instructional Design and human psychology of learning.
- Use of contemporary pedagogy for teaching and latest tools for content sharing and assessment.
- 24/7 asynchronous discussion
- Convenience of distance education with key advantages of full-time and online learning models
- Anytime anywhere learning with a wide variety of content.
- Unique Blended mode of Teaching & Learning (Online, Face-to-face and Live Lectures) that provides easy accessibility of distance education coupled with key benefits of online and full-time learning environment.
- State of art Facilities/Libraries/Computer labs
- Personalized Professional Assistance
- Continuous Mentoring & Guidance
- Based on Research & International best practices
- Global conglomerate of educational institutes
How to Apply?
- Click here to Apply Now!
- You will receive OTP verification code on your mobile and email to complete the further application process.
- Enter the code on next screen and select the mode of Payment to make an online payment of Rs. 200 (non-refundable Form Fees, including GST)
- You will receive the softcopy of the Prospectus (as a link to download) and your login details for online application.
- Start filling your CIDTL Online Application
- Upload all relevant documents, re-verify your details and Submit the application.
- Your Online Interaction for admission will be scheduled; on being selected you would be granted admission.
Rs. 45,000 (Including applicable GST). It also includes face-to face teaching and Cambridge examination fees.
How to Enquire?
For Admission / Inquiry, Call 9033329095 or 7002286780 between 10am & 5pm or Give a missed call on 7777021818 or click here to submit your query online.
Who is mentoring?
Dr. Ritu Uppal
Head – MET Centre of Educational Technology
Online Mentor for Open Education For A Better World (OE4BW), Slovenia - UNESCO
Program Leader – CIDTL
Ph.D (Educational Technology)
Masters in Educational Technology
Bachelors in Education (B.Ed),
With over three decades of rich experience in academics at school and university levels, Dr. Ritu Uppal is a result-oriented professional. She is a trainer in Innovative & Interactive Teaching Learning Strategies, an academic advisor for Curriculum Development and an educational researcher. As her research project, she conducted the first ever Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) for SNDT University on, ‘Effectiveness of MOOCs in training teachers of higher education’ which was completed by more than 300 university level deans, HODs, professors and lecturers from across India. She is invited to conduct workshops/faculty development programs face-to-face and online for K12 as well as higher education teachers. The topics being e-content development, ICT tools, learning objectives led assessments, Instructional strategies, Flipped Classroom, Blended Learning and designing and development of MOOCs etc. Currently as Head – MET Centre of Educational Technology, Advisor, Teacher Trainer & Evaluator, she herself has completed the CIDTL course with distinction before taking on the mantle of Programme Leader of Cambridge PDQ course at Mumbai Educational Trust.
Image Source: https://www.freepik.com