IEYC (International Early Years Curriculum)
MET Rishikul Vidyalaya is a part of prestigious global Pre-Schools across 98 countries that are affiliated to IEYC. With this, MRV is proud to be one of the 2000 international schools of the world offering IEYC curriculum. In India, it is one amongst the few schools that have been certified by IEYC Field Work Education, UK to implement international curriculum right from the tender age of 2 years onwards.
IEYC - International Early Years Curriculum from Fieldwork Education, United Kingdom (U.K), is an innovative research-based learning programme recognising global best practices and the developmental needs of 2-5 year olds. It supports key areas of learning through holistic enquiry and play-based approaches encompassing all curriculum areas including personal, social and emotional development.
The IEYC is designed around eight learning principles, that we consider essential to children’s learning and development.
- The earliest years of life are important in their own right.
- Children should be supported to learn and develop at their own unique pace.
- Play is an essential aspect of all children’s learning and development.
- Learning happens when developmentally-appropriate, teacher-scaffolded and child initiated experiences harness children’s natural curiosity in an enabling environment.
- Independent and interdependent learning experiences create a context for personal development and are the foundation of international mindedness.
- Knowledge and skills development lead to an increasing sense of understanding when children are provided with opportunities to explore and express their ideas in multiple ways.
- Ongoing assessment, in the form of evaluation and reflection, is effective when it involves a learning-link with the home.
- Learning should be motivating, engaging and fun, opening up a world of wonder for children where personal interests can flourish.